GREAT Indigenous Economic Development
GREAT is foundationally an Indigenous Economic Development organisation and focuses on but is not limited to the features listed below:
- Small, Medium size enterprise development projects.
- Business investments including joint ventures
- Provision of statistics and demographics to assist potential and existing Indigenous businesses.
- Enterprise/entrepreneurial projects to benefit Indigenous communities in the Gulf.
- Promote and assist Indigenous Australians to establish or grow a business
- Liaise with the Regional Councils and State Government regarding issues affecting local business and the community.
- Encourage and assist local Indigenous businesses to expand.
- Encourage potential investors to locate, relocate or expand to or within the Gulf region in partnership with local Indigenous businesses.
- Assist residents and businesses to access government programs, services and funding.
- Encourage potential investment into the Gulf region through identification and promotion of our competitive advantages.
- Development of new projects that will strengthen new or existing business.
- Involvement in community and youth enterprise projects.
- Support value-adding within any industry in the Gulf region
- Diversification and/or marketing of a product/s produced in the Gulf
- Assistance with the establishment of a market/s
- Concept and idea generation
- Provide a referral service for development with existing or potential Indigenous businesses
GREAT is the leading economic development organisation in the Gulf region.