ADBT Indigenous Youth Leadership Funding
ADBT Indigenous Youth Leadership funding will be available to support young Indigenous leaders. As part of the Indigenous Youth Leadership funding program the Board resolved to establish a $20,000 grant as part of the initiative. It is envisaged that the grants will budget for 10 projects at $2000 each. Applicants must demonstrate that they have made an effort to contribute or fund raise.
Purpose: The purpose of this program is to define/grow youth leadership.
Mission: The ADBT Youth Leadership funding aims to provide participants or applicants with the opportunity to develop leadership skills through a variety of programs outlined in the Development Grant section below.
Goal: The goal is to create young Indigenous leaders that have the ability to be part of or lead a group and increase civic participation by all community members.
Aimed at: Young people aged 8-25 years old who are eligible under the Gulf Communities Agreement, eligibility is below.
One-off grants with a funding level and activity to be decided at the discretion of the GREAT board. The grant may or may not be limited to the following areas:
Individual young people participating in competitions can apply for assistance to support their participation in an Interstate, National or International sporting, musical or other competition.
Youth Development Grants are available for eligible youth people 12-25 years old to take up opportunities to develop their skills in leadership and/or community or cultural programs.
Special Opportunity Arts Grants for Individuals aims to support eligible young people who are practicing artists and/or emerging artists or talented amateurs.
Who is Eligible to apply?
Participants and/or applicants must meet the criteria set out in the Gulf Communities Agreement (GCA) which is detailed below:
Eligible individuals will be either:
(a) A member of one of the Native Title Groups (Waanyi People, Mingginda People, and Gkuthaarn and Kukatj People respectively, and
(b) An Aboriginal person residing in the local government areas of Burke, Carpentaria, Doomadgee and Mornington Island.
- Eligible applicants may apply once every twelve months.
- Eligible applicant must be 8-25 years old
- Applicant must demonstrate that they have made an effort to contribute to or fund raise.
- Each person seeking sponsorship must complete an application form.
- Application forms are accepted throughout the year and processed as they are received.
- Each application must be accompanied by a typed signed letter/document from the body organising the event, competition or educational activity that clearly states the name of the applicant seeking ADBTs grant and that verifies their participation and exact cost including all quotes.
- Funding will not be provided for activities that have already been completed or costs that have already been incurred.
Applications can be downloaded as below or ring 0428 737 645 and request one to be emailed or mailed.
Completed applications can be submitted by emailing them to firstname.lastname@example.org or post it to:
PO Box 7786
Cairns City, Queensland 4870